● Proxy servers are quick and easy for unblocking websites, but can’t offer long-term privacy or protection.
● VPNs provide secure and anonymous connections and are ideal for sensitive actions such as managing finances or sending personal information.
● The best choice between proxies and VPNs depends on browsing habits and what one wants from an anonymizing service.
● Proxy servers act as a “middleman” between the user and websites, provide a temporary solution, and have various types such as forward, reverse, transparent, anonymous, distorting, high anonymity, SOCKS, and residential.
● VPNs encrypt data before sending it to the server, providing a secure, anonymous connection, but may not be ideal for long-term usage and come with a cost.
Author: Simon Batt